CHENEY – The annual Come Home for Christmas event, hosted by the Cheney Area Chamber of Commerce, has been called off. The event was to be held on Saturday, Dec. 5. The current state of the COVID-19 pandemic was the reason.
Information will be coming soon on what Christmas activities will still take place.
This information updates the Chamber story that appeared in the Nov. 26 print edition of TSnews.
Following is the other information from that story:
• Approved giving Cheney bucks to the volunteers who helped put up Christmas lights in the downtown area.
• Introduced new employees at United Insurance in Cheney, and a new insurance agent for Farmers and Merchants Insurance Agency in Norwich.
• Noted that the local American Legion is planning an upcoming raffle.
• Heard a report from the local Emergency Fund that more requests for food and rent assistance are being processed. If you know someone who is in need, contact a local minister.
• Heard a report from City Hall that the new mural on the side of Cheney Health Center is underway. It was funded with a grant and Make a Difference Day donations.
• Heard a report from USD 268 that it is considering virtual holiday programs for the community. The school district also noted that it will be resuming Student of the month recognitions, but won’t be bringing them to Chamber meetings for lunch. They will receive Cheney Bucks, instead.
**You must have a subscription to view this content.**
Online content at tsnews.com is available with a subscription to combined print edition of The Times-Sentinel, Haysville Sun-Times, and Conway Springs Star & Argonia Argosy.
If you already have a subscription and an online account, log in below.
If you already have a subscription to the print edition and would like to add online access, please click this link. Fill out the form and allow up to two business days for us to add online access to your subscription.
Please note that we will not add online access until we have verified your paid subscription.
If you want a subscription, please choose the option that best fits your needs.
To start a new subscription or to renew an existing one, please choose the appropriate option based on length of subscription and your location (within Sedgwick/Sumner counties, out-of-county, our outside of Kansas).
TSnews ongoing subscription – with print delivery in Sedgwick/Sumner counties – $5 per month
TSnews 6-month subscription - with print delivery in Sedgwick/Sumner counties - auto-renew - $22.50
TSnews 1-year subscription - with print delivery in Sedgwick/Sumner counties - non-recurring - $40
TSnews 1-year subscription - out-of-county-delivery - non-recurring - $45
TSnews 1-year subscription - out-of-state delivery - non-recurring - $50
TSnews 1-year subscription - ONLINE ONLY - non-recurring - $40