By Michelle Leidy-Franklin
Mayor Burt Ussery awarded Ernie Misak a service plaque for his 17 years of service as Public Works Director. The plaque was presented to Misak during the city council meeting held on Tuesday, August 11.
“The impact that you’ve had on the city, the impact you have had on your family, there just isn’t enough words that I can come up with to thank you for what you have done for this city and this community,” said Mayor Ussery. “I am just so thankful to have had you in the position you were in. We wish you the absolute very, very best.”
Misak’s last day was July 31 and a retirement party was held at city hall for him. Cole Hollis has been promoted to Public Works Director after working for the department for 9 years.
In other business:
• The city council approved the 2020 Uniform Public Offense Code 1058 which is a yearly adoption of codes. This year’s changes centered around tobacco and vaping definitions.
• The city council approved the 2020 Standard Traffic Ordinance 1059 which is a yearly adoption of codes. No changes were made since last year’s adoption.
• The notice of award for the water and sanitary sewer improvements for phase 2 of Park Glen Estates was approved. McCullough Excavation’s bid was approved for $215,990.
• Updates from Ron Marsh included confirmation that two city employees had tested positive for COVID-19. Both are taking proper precautions.
• Sonja Froggrate has retired as the director of the Senior Center. Her last day will be Aug 21.