Editor’s note: The following notice was received from KDHE at about 9:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 28.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has issued a boil water advisory for the Cheney State Park Marina located in Reno County. This will affect the Marina Campsite, Marina Hookups, and the Marina building.
Customers should observe the following precautions until further notice:
- If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation or use bottled water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
The advisory took effect on Jan. 28 and will remain in effect until the conditions that placed the system at risk of bacterial contamination are resolved. KDHE officials issued the advisory because of a loss of pressure due to line repairs. Failure to maintain adequate pressure may result in a loss of chlorine residuals and bacterial contamination.
Regardless of whether the public water supplier or KDHE announced a boil water advisory, only KDHE can issue the rescind order following testing at a certified laboratory.
If you have questions, please contact the water system or you may call KDHE at 785-296-1317. For consumer information please visit KDHE’s PWS Consumer Information webpage: http://www.kdheks.gov/pws/emergencyresponse/water_disruption.htm
Restaurants and other food establishments that have questions about the impact of the boil water advisory on their business can contact the Kansas Department of Agriculture’s food safety & lodging program at email@example.com or call 785-564-6767.
For updates online, go to:
- the KDHE news website at https://khap2.kdhe.state.ks.us/NewsRelease/nr_index.aspx,
- the KDHE Facebook page at http://Facebook.com/KDHEnews or
- the KDHE Twitter page at http://Twitter.com/KDHE.