One dead in Haysville shooting

By Sam Jack

A man was fatally shot early Sunday morning outside a Haysville event venue called the Studio at Ilusion Productions.

As of Tuesday evening, the name of the victim had not been released. No information on suspects, including whether or not law enforcement has any suspects, had been released either.

According to a Sunday statement from the Haysville Police Department, officers were dispatched to the industrial park that houses the event venue – located near Broadway and 71st – on a 1:46 a.m. report of possible gunshots in the area.

“Upon arrival, officers found a large crowd leaving a party at a local venue after a fight had broken out. Officers found a male subject had been shot and died at the scene from his injuries,” the statement said. “At this time, the case is actively under investigation by the Haysville Police Department, with the help of the Sheriff’s Office and Wichita Police Department. No arrest has been made as of the time of this release. Anyone with information on the case is asked to call 316-529-5912.”


Editor’s note: This story first appeared in the Nov. 1 print edition and updates a previous online version.


Investigators still had a large area taped off at noon Sunday and could be seen studying the crime scene. Multiple aerial drones were in use.

KSN-TV shared a bystander’s video from inside the Studio at Ilusion Productions prior to the shooting. The video showed a large crowd dancing under multi-colored lights, with many partiers waving their illuminated cell phones.

“We are extremely saddened by the tragic events which took place in our area early Sunday morning,” Ilusion Productions wrote on its Facebook page. “Our thoughts go out to all persons involved as we work to overcome this situation. At this time, we have complied with all law enforcement requests as they try to figure out what exactly happened.”

Wichita Police said Monday evening that another shooting in south Wichita could be linked to the one in Haysville, but by Tuesday morning was saying the two incidents likely were not connected.